Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Quick Post

Just a quick post.  In going through some photos today of my statue for LAKE GEORGE STEAMBOAT COMPANY, found a few images.  And it WAS a stretch for a classically trained sculptor to work in this style, creating head, arms and legs and then draping the wet fiberglass soaked with resin for costume! But fun!

Minne Ha Ha will be back on her pedestal in the Spring to greet visitors to the steamboat bearing her name. Discovered in my research that although Hiawatha was a real person in history, the "Song of Hiawatha" poem by Longfellow, and also Minne herself, were fiction.  I need to find out more on all this.
Planning on Facebooking that I will be at the dock on certain days this coming summer to take photos of visitors with their families and the sculpture. The folks at LGSC have said that Minne was an instant icon.  When I went to photograph the piece I kept being asked to take pictures of people with their cameras.      
It is as if Minne was always there! Hope all will take the time to comment!  Also, see Alice Manzi Sculpture on Facebook to join a contest to win a glass sculpture!

No comments:

Post a Comment